How do you make people want something? Use exclusivity: only make a few items available and wait. Exclusivity works because people want to be all in the secret. If people can’t have it, they want it all the more. And this is the reason why a lot of content creators are making huge amounts of money with exclusive content.
We all know that we are rather IN the group than OUT of it. And although we don’t like to admit it, we feel kind of special when we get in. It's a psychological fact. Recent research has shown that two-thirds of consumers are expecting a personalized experience from a company nowadays and that they won’t buy from a company with misaligned values. Exclusive content is an experience you can offer to meet your fans’ needs, even if they don’t know they need it yet. And it's not just limited to videos and images. Let's take a deeper dive.
Exclusivity can be used very well to attract your fans and offer them something of value. However, there are some criteria to succeed with exclusive content:
- Your offer needs to be unforgettable
- You need to keep it exclusive
- People need to be able to find it easily
Guard the entrance
You can view exclusive content as an exclusive member club. And you can bet the exclusive member club has a bouncer at the entrance. You should only allow some to come and see it because that’s where the value is for those who can see it.
Below are a few reasons why you need to guard the entrance for your offer:
- You have content intended for a few eyes only, not for the whole world. Otherwise, you could just have posted it to your social media accounts.
- It’s your business model. All content is free nowadays, and it’s what most people expect. However, your true fans are willing to spend money if you’re able to offer them something of value they truly need. This is how you can make a living from your content.
- You want to give them a personalized experience. You can offer the best-personalized experience if you only offer it to 100 people, instead of offering it to 10,000. With Fangage you can take control of your own fanbase and connect with your fans directly. Here, you can work with them in a personal way.
- You want to give your true fans something special. Exclusive content works as long as there is a real value for them. Once it loses its benefits or fans don’t see any value in what you’re offering anymore, guarding the entrance doesn’t make sense. But, you can build real relationships with your fans and make sure they become loyal.
Do it for the long term
Exclusive content will not result in short-term success, however, your efforts will pay off in the long-term.
Your fans will remember the exclusive experiences they got from you, and this makes them more likely to become loyal fans of your brand. Research by McKinsey & Company determined that 71% of consumers agreed that they feel loyal to brands that tailor experiences to their preferences and needs.
You need to have a clear understanding of what this personalization is and put it to the heart of your marketing strategy. Only this way will you be able to consistently fulfil the needs of your true fans, paving the way to grow your fanbase to the necessary 1000 fans you need to make a living.
Kinds of exclusive content you can offer
There are endless types of exclusive content you can offer to your fans with Fangage. Here are a few examples:
- Digital content like videos, images, and audio
- Offers and discounts
- File downloads
- Early access
- Special events
You need to work with an ultimate goal in mind if you decide to use exclusive content in your marketing strategy. What are you trying to achieve? And is offering exclusive content to your fans the right way of getting there? You should try out and let the show begin.
One of the ways Fangage helps entrepreneurial-minded creators who are striving to achieve independence to successfully build their brand is by providing free resources and insights.
By using the resources page, you can gain valuable knowledge that can help you grow your brand and fully monetize your audience. You can learn about different monetization strategies, such as merchandise sales, digital products, and membership programs. You can also learn about audience growth tactics, such as social media marketing, SEO, and email marketing.
In addition, Fangage's resources page also provides case studies of successful creators who have achieved creator independence. These case studies can provide inspiration and guidance for any creator who is just starting out on the journey. Sign up and broaden your own and your brand's horizons!